Sunday, May 23, 2010

Scent Obsessed

We got a question from a Sassy reader asking, "Do you have a signature scent? What is your favorite perfume?"

I can answer that question easily in one second so I thought I would take it a little further and use this as an opportunity to ponder on what smells I really love. I learned something about myself when I took a minute to think about this instead of just accepting the standard 'flowers' and 'something baking in the oven' as my answers (although fresh bread and cookies came seriously close to making my list).

So these are my 'make me wanna melt-weak in the knees-i wanna gobble this up' favorite smells. You can't wear them all. But take this as an invitation to think of what smells you love. You might learn something new about yourself!

Keep in mind: I am strongly against ever accepting anything as my absolute "favorite" or "number one". It's too much commitment. So these are in no particular order :)

1. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Perfume
Here is your answer reader! I don't know that I've smelled any perfume better than this. It's fresh, sweet, classy and delicious! I love it!

2. Sugar Cookie/Birthday Cake Scented Candles
So many candles capture this smell perfectly. I come dangerously close to dipping my finger in the hot wax to taste it. I have one of the "For Every Body" brand and it's fantastic!

3. BBQ Sauce
I just recently discovered how obsessed with this smell I am. I only use the sauce when I am having steak or at an actual BBQ. But I could bathe in the sauce any day.

4. Strawberry Bubblicious Gum
Who hasn't smelled this?! I would love a candle in this scent. Too bad the gum flavor only lasts about 30 seconds.

5. Burberry London Perfume
Another great! When I was waiting for Christmas to come around and dropping hints all over the place for this, I spritzed a perfume test strip with this scent and kept it in my purse so I could smell it periodically throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment